Sunday, February 14, 2010

Holy Blogger! Two posts in one day!

So apparently I really have alot to say today...That, or I just have no life. It's 10:30 and everyone is asleep..FINALLY. Joshua is still so sick and it took over an hour to get him to sleep tonight. Poor little man. The big kids crashed around 9 since neither one had naps today and they played hardcore out in the snow this afternoon.



I love the last one...Can you guess what she's saying?? "I'M COOOOLD!!!!"
Speaking of snow...huge snowstorm #2 is supposed to hit tonight. Over it. At least I dont have to drive in it though. February is without a doubt my least favorite month of the year. It truly is just a worthless month. What does February really have to offer.....other than V-Day...which we already talked about in my last post...I'm not impressed. Let's just move right on into March..ya with me? I NEED sunshine. I NEED to be out of this house and enjoying life. There is nothing I hate more than being stuck inside. It's just hard with little man to go out in this weather....but soon enough. I LOVE Spring..love the way it makes me feel all motivated. Love how everything feels fresh and new...That sounded so cheesy but I really mean it. I'm especially excited this year since Chris and I are going away to Gatlinburg for the weekend in May. It will be the first time in 3 years that we get to go away just the two of us. I know, I know...Gatlinburg:( But it's only 4 hours away and its affordable. So, Gatlinburg it is. I love that Chris was the one to suggest we go there...His reason? He said it would be a great place for me to take some great pictures. Awwwww. Is it possible for this man to be anymore supportive? I mean seriously? He stuck with my crazy butt all through nursing school and has dealt with my constant griping about nursing and how much I just want out for the last 8 years!!!! Not only does he support my photography...He encourages me to pursue it. Anyway...got a little off topic there.....Gatlinburg. The last time we went to Gatlinburg was when I was pregnant with Aubrey. Jackson was almost 2 years old and we stopped for a couple of nights in Gatlinburg before going on to Hilton Head for the week. Let me just say....2 year old+100 degree weather+6 months preggo+Gatlinburg=not.fun. I made a mental note after that trip to never again book a room based on the pics that they show on the internet. I thought we got a great deal on this awesome, rustic-y lodge type hotel. There was a pool, a cozy little restaurant, a path right to the Parkway and a view of a mountain stream. Ummmmmmm.......What we actually got was, a run-down, dilapitated, 1970's style hotel. The restaurant was actually a couple of tables set up across from the front desk. The pool was closed for repairs and the *path* that they promised to the Parkway? THAT was actually a walk through a dark parking garage, (where we had to jump a waist high concrete wall with a stroller). Good times. Did I mention that I fell on my a** while hopping said concrete wall? Yep, fell. Pregnant. Don't even get me started on what the actual room looked like. I just shuddered. Can you tell I'm slightly bitter about the Mountain Heritage Inn? Slightly. We attempted to get another room but there was some sort of conference that weekend and there wasn't a single room left anywhere in town. So THIS time..........I am going to need some help picking a place to stay. I don't think we are going to go the chalet route. Chalets are fun when you are going with other people but I think for just Chris and I...we would rather just stay right in town...Neither one of us are very *rustic*. Just point me to the outlet malls and the closest pancake house and I'm good. All of that being said....I really do LOVE Gatlinburg and I have so many memories of going there as a kid. My mom has tons of old pictures of Craig and I on the ski lift and on the alpine slide. We always stayed at the Ramada Inn smack dab in the middle of town because they had an indoor pool. I remember eating lunch at the little BBQ place that sat back by Hillbilly golf and then watching at the window of the candy shop as they made HUGE rolls of taffy. I remember Craig and I would always go to Fannie Farkles arcade and play video games for hours! Wow...what I wouldn't give to be able to relive just one day of one of those trips. Hell..one hour. Alright..so now that I have sufficiently made myself cry, I must head to bed. 7am comes awfully early. G'night all. Sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment